UN led ceasefire talks on Libya to restart on Friday – UPDATE

File photo EPA-EFE/HAYOUNG JEON

Reading Time: < 1 minute

UPDATE:

Ceasefire talks between Libya’s warring sides are going in the “right direction” while hitting hurdles over violations of an arms embargo and a truce declared last month, the United Nations envoy for Libya Ghassan Salame told Reuters on Friday.

 

Earlier a U.N spokesman said that the United Nations was to host a new rounds of ceasefire talks between Libya’s warring parties fighting over the capital Tripoli.

On Tuesday, Libya’s internationally recognised government pulled out of the talks after eastern forces loyal to Khalifa Haftar shelled Tripoli’s sea port.

Reuters 

 

 

%d bloggers like this: