28 children killed in latest Tripoli fighting as death toll reaches 121 while 561 were injured – WHO

epa02956589 A Libyan rebel fighter shoots at pro-Gadhafi forces atop a tank, as a comerade takes cover, during the battle to liberate the city of Sirte, Libya, 08 October 2011. The capture of Sirte, which is 400 kilometres south-east of the capital Tripoli, would boost the morale of Libya's transitional rulers, who have delayed announcing an interim government until all of Libya is 'liberated'. EPA/MOHAMED MESSARA

Reading Time: < 1 minute

Fighting near Tripoli has killed 121 people and wounded 561 since strongman Khalifa Haftar launched an offensive earlier this month to take the Libyan capital, the World Health Organization said Sunday.

WHO’s Libya account said on Twitter the organisation was sending medical supplies and more staff to Tripoli, and denounced “repeated attacks on health care workers, vehicles” during the fighting which erupted on April 4.

Haftar’s forces, which control swathes of the country’s east, have defied international calls to halt their battle against fighters loyal to the UN-backed Government of National Accord based in Tripoli.

Via AFP/ Libya Report 

%d bloggers like this: