Salvini once more under investigation for kidnapping of migrants
Italian Interior Minister Matteo Salvini is once under investigation for kidnapping migrants.
Salvini on Monday said he is being probed for allegedly abducting migrants allegedly held on a ship stopped from landing in Siracusa from January 24 to 30 this year.
Salvini said the prosecutor in the case, Carmelo Zuccaro, had filed to dismiss the case at the same time as he had submitted the charges.
Earlier this year the Senate voted not to lift Salvini’s parliamentary immunity to face charges in another alleged migrant kidnapping case.
In that case, Salvini kept 177 migrants on board coast guard ship Diciotti for two weeks until Albania, Ireland and the Italian Church agreed to take them in.