28 children killed in latest Tripoli fighting as death toll reaches 121 while 561 were injured – WHO

Reading Time: 1 minute

Fighting near Tripoli has killed 121 people and wounded 561 since strongman Khalifa Haftar launched an offensive earlier this month to take the Libyan capital, the World Health Organization said Sunday.

WHO’s Libya account said on Twitter the organisation was sending medical supplies and more staff to Tripoli, and denounced “repeated attacks on health care workers, vehicles” during the fighting which erupted on April 4.

Haftar’s forces, which control swathes of the country’s east, have defied international calls to halt their battle against fighters loyal to the UN-backed Government of National Accord based in Tripoli.

Via AFP/ Libya Report 

Previous Article
Next Article

Photo of The Day

Part of:

Stay informed

Enter your email address so that you can receive Corporate Dispatch straight to your mailbox.

Supporting

%d bloggers like this: