Pope Francis accepts resignation of Australian Archbishop Philip Wilson after being convicted of covering up sex abuse
CNN: Pope Francis has accepted the resignation of the Australian Archbishop Philip Wilson of Adelaide, the highest ranking Catholic official ever to be convicted of covering up sex abuse.
The Vatican made the announcement in a statement sent to CNN on Monday.
Wilson had been spared prison earlier in the month and sentenced to six months’ home detention in Australia, due to his ailing health and advanced age.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Ferrari unveils new car for new F1 season
- Di Maio launches new group for European Parliament elections
- Weber challenges Rutte to decide whether he will run for top EU job
- European Commissioner Andriukatis announced candidacy to become Lithuania’s president
- Poland summoned Israel’s ambassador over Netanyahu’s comments on Polish ‘apparent’ complicity in Nazi Holocaust
- Renzi believes that Macron will be the king-maker for Europe’s upcoming institutional roles positioning – Cites the Maltese Prime Minister (together with those the Netherlands, Portugal and Luxembourg) as being influential in this aspect
- Several injured after gunman opens fire at manufacturing plant in Illinois city of Aurora
- Colin Kaepernick and Eric Reid settle collusion lawsuits against NFL out of court
- Trump is bullyingly brilliant at getting what he wants. Democrats need to wake up if they want to win in 2020
- Trump news: President begrudgingly signs border bill and declares national emergency at US-Mexico border
- National emergency: What powers has Donald Trump invoked to bypass Congress?
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to introduce bill blocking Trump's 'fake national emergency'
- Spanish prime minister takes big risk by calling for general elections
- Thirty years on, Soviet war in Afghanistan continues to divide Russia
- The Britons who went to join Isis: Where are they now?
- Trump declares national emergency to access border wall funding, setting stage for legal battles