Moldova suspends Citizenship by Investment Programme

Reading Time: 1 minute

The Moldova Citizenship-by-Investment (MCBI) program, developed in partnership with its service provider Henley & Partners, has been temporarily suspended.

Following a meeting of Moldova’s Supreme Security Council in Chișinău on Thursday, President Igor Dodon informed local press that the government has suspended the country’s recently opened citizenship by investment program pending a review.

Dodon expressed his concern on the program following a meeting with Moldova’s Supreme Security Council.

A report on Cotidianul says, that according to the head of state, Igor Dodon, 34 applications have been submitted so far to obtain Moldovan citizenship through investments, and the Commission no longer receives requests. Thus, it was decided to suspend this program.

“There are questions about the companies (Henley and Partners) that are involved in this program. Until we do not clear up, we’re suspending the program, “Dodon said.

Henley & Partners also manages Malta’s Citizenship by Investment Programme.

Newsbook reports that “Henley & Partners had won a public tender to design, implement and promote Moldova Citizenship-by-Investment (MCBI) Program in July of 2018. Gantenbein from Henley & Partners had said that Moldova offers its citizens visa-free access to 121 countries which include as well all the countries in the Schengen Area as well as Russia and Turkey.”

Via IMI / Newsbook / Cotidianul

%d bloggers like this: