The Times reports that Prime Minister Joseph Muscat is in Japanese capital Tokyo, where he will be leading a trade delegation this week. In a statement, the Office of the Prime Minister said that Dr Muscat would also be meeting with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe during his time in the country.
TVM reports that a “week after the publication of the Egrant inquiry conclusions, Prime Minister Joseph Muscat stated that it is not in his interest to seek revenge, but he will remain serene and let justice take its course. Interviewed on the One stations, Dr Muscat said he was taking legal advice to see, as he had already decided, when the Magisterial inquiry can be published in its entirety. Dr Muscat added that this process was necessary as mention is made in the inquiry of persons who, according to the Inquiring Magistrate, have to be investigated.”
Net reports Nationalist Party Leader Adrian Delia, who during an interview on NETFM said that just as the Prime Minister felt that he should not resign after Bugeja’s inquiry on Egrant’s outcome, PM’s Chief of Staff Schembri and Minister Mizzi should.
Malta Today reports that Following Michelle Muscat’s interview with MaltaToday on Sunday, in which she said that no one wanted Daphne Caruana Galizia alive more than herself, the Prime Minister’s wife received an array of abuse on social media, both from the Caruana Galizia family and others.
Newsbook reports that Carlo Bonini, one of the editors of La Repubblica, said that Egrant, is a small piece of a large picture and there is still more that should be investigated. There are still too many questions without an adequate answer.” Bonini, a team member of The Daphne Project. Bonini was speaking in an exclusive interview with the portal. He emphasised that there is still a lot of investigative work that should be done by journalists.
One News reports that a group of migrants which came to Malta onboard MV Lifeline have left for Portugal. Portugal, Luxembourg, France and the Netherlands also took a number of migrants.
iNEWS reports that Aaron Caruana, from Qormi, admitted to the accusations of running ‘two massage parlours’ as a disguised place for prostitution. The 31 year old is expected to be sentenced soon.