This is the updated report on the coronavirus in Italy. In Italy, the number of confirmed victims of the Coronavirus has reached 10 confirmed . The last three victims are an 84 year old from Nembro, in the province of Bergamo, a 91 year old man from San Fiorano and an 83 year old woman from Codogno, both in the province of Lodi. The new data was given by the extraordinary commissioner Angelo Borrelli during the press conference on civil protection.
The total of infected people is 322, rising to 3 in Sicily.
The epidemic has brought contagions all over the world beyond the 80 thousand threshold (almost 78 thousand only in China).
3 European nations report first virus cases with Italy link
Croatia, meanwhile, confirmed its first case — in a man who had been to Milan, the capital of Lombardy. Austria confirmed two cases in a couple who traveled from the city of Bergamo in Lombardy to their home in Innsbruck last Friday.
Earlier Italian Premier Giuseppe Conte said Tuesday that limitations on Italians’ movements by foreign states would be “unacceptable” amid the coronavirus emergency. “It would be unfair for limitations on the part of foreign states to arrive,” he said. “We cannot accept it. “Our citizens can leave safe and secure, for themselves and for others”.
Spain counted three active cases: a woman in Barcelona who had been in Lombardy in recent days, and a doctor from northern Italy and his partner who were vacationing in the Canary Islands.
The hotel where the couple was staying, the H10 Adeje Palace in Tenerife was locked down after the tested positive for the virus and 1,000 tourists prevented from leaving, according to Spanish news media and town officials in Adeje.
The Canary Islands, an archipelago located around 100 kilometers (60 miles) west of the African coast, is a popular vacation destination that attracts Europeans year-round. Many Italians are vacationing this week as schools have a mid-winter break.
Meanwhile governments issued travel warnings and more flights were suspended Tuesday as officials desperately sought to stop the seemingly inevitable spread of a new virus.
The clusters of the illness continued to balloon outside mainland China, fueling apprehension across the globe that was reflected in sagging financial markets.
The crisis pushed into areas seen as among the worst-equipped to deal with an outbreak as well as some of the world’s richest nations. As it proliferates, the virus is bringing a sense of urgency for local officials determined to contain it but often unsure how.
Poland has not had a case, but 20 people are hospitalized with unclear kinds of infection and 14 others are in quarantine. People arriving by plane from Italy will have their temperature taken at the airport and will receive text messages with virus-related information and instructions.
Dutch Foreign Minister Stef Blok,who just returned from Iran which itself is grappling with its own outbreak,showed Tuesday just how complicated things can be, even for public officials.
In Malta, Charmaine Gauci, the Superintendent for Public Health, confirmed that the result of the test for one of the two cases being tested for coronavirus was negative, however, she did not give any further details regarding these cases. It was also stated that people need to vigilant and not afraid of coronavirus. During the press briefing held at the office of the Superintendence of Public Health, it was also explained that the screening and tests being carried out are very sensitive and can detect even the very early stages of coronavirus. It was also explained that the duration of the test for COVID-19 is of 2 hours.
via ANSA /AP / Newsbook