Reading Time: 1 minute
Several people were wounded Friday by a suspected package bomb blast on a pedestrian street in the heart of Lyon in southeastern France.
Police said eight people had been injured but that none of the injuries appear to be life-threatening.
President Emmanuel Macron called the blast an “attack” during a live Facebook interview, adding that no deaths had been reported “for the time being.”
“It’s not for me to give a toll but it appears there are no casualties. There have been injuries, so obviously I’m thinking of those injured and their families,” Macron said.
Developing story via FRANCE 24