Arab League reject Trump’s Middle East Plan

epa08184590 A general view during the Arab League's foreign ministers meeting on US President's Middle East peace plan in Cairo, Egypt, 01 February 2020. US President Donald Trump the so-called 'Deal of the Century' on the settlement of the Palestinian issue aims to solve the conflict between Israelis and Palestinians. EPA-EFE/Mohamed Elbendary

Reading Time: < 1 minute

Arab foreign ministers meeting in Cairo, Egypt to discuss US President Donald Trump’s plan to end the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, which was formally announced last week, have rejected the proposal.

In a communique, the Arab League said it would not cooperate with the US to execute the plan because it “does not meet the minimum rights and aspirations of Palestinian people.”

The United States did not disclose the full details of its Mideast peace plan to Arab states before its release, an Arab diplomat has told Haaretz, which according to him is why representatives of three Arab countries attended the event unveiling it, a move that was sharply criticized by the Palestinians.

Representatives from the United Arab Emirates, Oman, and Bahrain – all members of the Arab League – were present when details of the long-awaited deal were released in a press conference by Donald Trump and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. The same three countries joined the other members of the Arab League in rejecting the plan on Saturday.

Haaretz / DW / Guardian 

%d bloggers like this: