A Quick Look: Harry and Meghan’s baby
Reading Time: 2 minutesTagged:Duke and Duchess of SussexharryMeghanUK
- Details of the birth might be scarce as the Duke and Duchess of Sussex said they will keep plans around the arrival of the baby private. Harry and Meghan now unlikely to pose outside the hospital as has happened in the past with other royal births.
- It was announced in October, last year, that Meghan was expecting, five months after their memorable wedding.
- Merchandise on sale near Windsor Castle, in Windsor, Britain.
- The baby will be the eighth great-grandchild for Queen Elizabeth II.
- Doria Ragland, Meghan’s mother, does not have any grandchildren.
- Charles and Camilla have eight grandchildren and step-grandchildren between them, including Prince George, Princess Charlotte and most recently Prince Louis.
- Meghan’s mother Doria Ragland (L), Britain’s Prince Charles (C) and Camilla (R) the Duchess of Cornwall leave St George’s Chapel in Windsor Castle after the royal wedding ceremony of Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex in Windsor, Britain, 19 May 2018.
- Speculation is that Victoria, Elizabeth and James among the favourites names for the baby. The top pick among the bookies at the moment is Diana for a girl and Arthur for a boy. Meghan has also said she liked the idea of Amy.
- The new baby will be seventh in line of succession. He or she will be behind Prince Charles, Prince William, Prince George, Princess Charlotte, Prince Louis and Prince Harry in the succession to the British throne.
- The baby will also not be a prince or princess unless the Queen steps in to issue what is known as a letters patent ahead of the birth.
- Thanks to the different backgrounds of the two parents, there is a lot of speculation on who will the godparents be. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will be uncle and aunt to the newborn, and have of course been mooted as possible godparents. Jessica Mulroney – stylist and Meghan’s best friend – and husband Ben are the favourites with some bookies, alongside former Miss World and close friend of Meghan Priyanka Chopra. It’s worth noting that Prince George has seven godparents, Prince Louis has six, and Princess Charlotte has five.