Meghan Markle’s father, Thomas Markle, told American publication TMZ on Monday that he will not attend his daughter’s wedding to Prince Harry after it was revealed he worked with a picture agency to stage some pictures of him preparing himself for the wedding.
Thomas Markle tells TMZ, he meant no harm to Meghan or the Royal Family when he made a deal to allow a photo agency to take pics of him getting ready for the wedding. He says he had a reason and it was not principally about money.
Markle tells us over the last year he’s been ambushed by paparazzi who have photographed him in the most unflattering circumstances … buying beer, looking disheveled and reclusive. He’s especially upset that they made him look like a lush. Thomas says he doesn’t even drink beer … he was buying it for the guards at the place where he lives.
He says since his daughter started dating Prince Harry he’s been offered anywhere between $50,000 and $100k for interviews and he’s turned all of them down.
Thomas says the paparazzi agency approached him, offered him money — though nowhere near the reported $100k — and he figured there was no harm in it and it would help recast his image.
CNN reports that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are very concerned about the pressure Thomas Markle is under and want the media to give him some space. CNN has learned that though Markle is upset about what has transpired, her feelings about having her father give her away on Saturday haven’t changed since photographs were published. “This is a deeply personal moment for Ms. Markle in the days before her wedding,” a Kensington Palace spokesman said Monday. “She and Prince Harry ask again for understanding and respect to be extended to Mr. Markle in this difficult situation.”
Source TMZ Report, CNN